Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mental Health Vis-A-Vis Physical Health

My favorite brother Eric is healthy. Mindwise and bodywise. Thoughtwise and heartwise. I often see myself in him. So hopeful, so vibrant, so believing, full of inquiry, full of answers. He always make me cry in pure joy. I love him dearly. 


Nobody will believe that once, just like me, he was treated for a mental illness. Maybe his questions overpowered him. Sometimes too much questions can hurt. Sometimes it can even kill. Sometimes some questions are better left unanswered. 


For a heart so young and so full of life, his thoughts are of a full grown man. He totally believes in karma. Good deeds begets good and bad deeds begets bad. He believes God sees all and that He gives us according to what we deserve. He is a totally healthy spiritual individual. 


Just like my eldest brother Joseph. He is a soldier of God. And a true soldier - he serves the Armed Forces of the Philippines - Air Force, he is a paratrooper. He is recently in a state of faithful and courageous undertaking because he is currently being processed to be assigned in Mindanao where there are numerous illegal and inhumane activity like unmerciful killing, bombing, rape, political war and illegal drugs. I can only pray for his safety. 


Going back to Eric, he is now third year college taking up Civil Engineering. He's been always in shape and can easily change his body stats when he wanted. It seems he has taken control of his body that if he tell it to slow digestion it will joyfully follow. Nice huh. I wish I can do that without having to control my appetite and count my calorie intake. 


My waistline for 3 years now has been going into 28 to 29 when in diet and 30 inches when out of eating control. I hate it when my boyfriend is telling me I'm getting fat. So I strive hard to control my appetite. Anyways, when my mind is busy I shed fat faster. So I see to it that my mind is always active by studying, reading, finishing paper works and writing articles. When I have time I see to it that I go night swimming. I love it when my boyfriend is hugging my waist and telling me I'm sexy. 


Swimming is a good exercise as well as modern dancing. The rhythm it brings to the muscles are invigorating, repeatedly good and shaping. It's best to swim at night when the water is warm and while floating you can speak your mind to the diamonds in the sky. It's best when you swim with love ones. It's refreshing and bonding moments are sweet. It's also best to modern dance at night. You'll sweat off your worries and fears and enjoy yourself. I extremely love dancing with my cousins, sisters and boyfriend. Be sure you rest before sleeping. And take at least two glasses of water. 


Vitamins are also good to maintain your mental and physical health. But avoid over taking. Just a moderate once a day of a good complete or almost complete vitamin and mineral capsule will do. The liver may work hard if you are taking too many vitamin capsules. 


Mentally healthy is when you have developed a sense of balance, responsibility, reason and positive thoughts. Physically healthy is when you can live your life free of recurring or severe body pains and able to perform normal body functions. 


Choose to live mentally and physically healthy. These are the prior requirements before achieving spiritual health. My brothers Joseph and Eric have achieved spiritual health. And I am on my way to it. 

2 comments:

  1. Achieving spiritual health is the key that unlocks mental, physical and emotional health. Thank you for the beautiful post and good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading my post. I thought nobody reads it. :) I haven't blogged for some time. Starting today I'll blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete